I wondered if nambulist mean something like a former somebody's type three word, then I figured it was a reanalysis of an ambulist, but now I guess The Pook got it and it's a combining term of some kind. Throwing all caution to the wind and hoping in his heart of hearts to be the author of a dord: Latin for 'under the covers' might be sub stragulo, 'to read' is legere, but 'by means of a flashlight' is anybody's guess. I mean the Romans didn't have electricity. 'Torch' is fax, facis, but 'reading under the bedding by means of a torch', sub stragulo cum face legens, sounds like a formula for burning down the domus. For 'flashlight', how about fax electralis. An imperial Roman would have no idea what you were talking about, "Amber toruch?", but a modern person might think it had something to do with light by static electricity. At least the covers wouldn't burn down the mansio. How about just 'he reads while lying (in bed)'? Maybe cubitante (in lecto) legit. Nope, a Roman might think that somebody was reading while have sexual intercourse. It's hopeless! While pondering this though, I was struck by the coincidence that the words for 'amber', 'bed', and 'reading' all contain -lect-. Cum electro in lecto lector 'a reader in bed with amber (beads)'. Now for the dordist (aka nambulist) entry: electrolectolection. Feh! ugly as a centurion's bunions.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.