Originally Posted By: The Pook
 Originally Posted By: Faldage
New words introduced into languages are almost invariably regular, whatever they may have been in the minds of the parents of those words. My advice is to get used to it. Legos is like peas or cherries only the other way around.

Did you mean irregular?

I'm still mastering English, but his comment made sense to me with the word "regular". If a new word comes in, it is easy to see how it might follow the regular rules, in this case the one that says English makes words into plurals by adding "s". That's what I thought Faldage was saying anyway.

I'm going to see if I did get this right. If we use a made-up word like that pieriansipist thing that Raul asked about, I'm guessing that Faldage is saying the plural would be pieriansipists, the adjective would be pieriansipistic, the adverb would pieriansipistically, and so on. Maybe whoever made it up might say different but if the word ever did make it for real it would work the way the majority of English words work. Now to see if I did comprehend Faldage's words properly.

Last edited by latishya; 04/14/08 12:36 PM.