Originally Posted By: themilum
Originally Posted By: tsuwm
Originally Posted By: themilum
Talk about being a rabble rouser, I sent the wwftd word ogerhunch and its definition to TAGNET, a forum of southeastern cavers who love cute little bats more than they love their grannies. Later tonight TAGNET will post all of their responses and if any are suitable to print on a polite forum like AWAD I'll paste them here.

we gather that nothing came of this, or either that responses were all unsuitable?

-joe (just banking the fires) friday

Sorry Joe, as I age I seem less and less able to rouse the common rabble.
I received only two rises to my bait about bats being orgerhunches; one from Batlady who said that I along with the word ogerhunch belonged to the Seventeenth Century when burning witches cured warts (or something like that).

The other response was from my caving pal ZerbtheSerb who agreed that bats were evil ogerhunches and then gave me the October 2007 issue of National Geographic to prove it.

Zerbe was right. On page 84 directly opposite a full page cute picture of a big browneyed fruit bat was a lead in by the editor that read...

"When a pathogen leaps from some nonhuman animal into a person and succeeds there in making trouble, the result is what's known as a zoonosis. It's a word of the future."

I don't wish to arouse the rabble of the Awaders here by disturbing their comfortable sensitivities so I'll stop and leave you all with just one unpleasant thought...

Bats are really ogerhunches and we are all doomed!

Hmmmmm Have we been had by the agendum?