ogerhunch voting went as follows:

a) a severe curvature of the dorsal spine, nowadays called "dowager's hump" (wofa) Hydra, Jackie, Zed

b) a small grotesque statue: gargoyle (consuelo) Faldage

c) Norse mythology Loki's land-bound familiar (ASp)

d) a dead, bare tree with a single remaining branch (Faldage) etaoin, Aramis, wofa, belM

e) the feeling that you are about to be set upon by a monster (Jackie) olly

f) a churchgoer, e.g. gree hunger* (themilum) themilum

g) an arrogant, unfeeling, kyphotic prankster (tsuwm) tsuwm

h) Yugoslavian origin a sandwich made from heavy, crusty bread, seasoned veal and pork patties, and dark mustard (belMarduk) BranShea

i) a sluttish woman who smells rank (Hydra)

j) any frightful or loathsome creature, especially a bat (Thomas Edmondston, A Glossary of the Shetland and Orkney Dialect, 1866) consuelo, ASp

k) the radius of the tightest section of a curve, used in calculating the correct degree of camber when designing a racecourse (Zed)

Notes:
1. Faldo’s original entry, sent to the wrong mailbox, read: “a branch on a dead, bare tree” – gives a different feeling, doesn’t it?
2. from themilum: “And dont forget to include the asterisk! The asterisk is my hook to get extra votes. People are so gullible.”
3. Hydra’s original entry (which gets the armil© prize) read: “an intuitive feeling that ogres are nearby.”
4. Jackie’s entry preceded Hydra’s by several hours; her comment was: “I can't believe I'm putting this.”

Votes were grotesquely mobbed, with Faldage whipping wofa four(4) to three(3) – both came up with def’ns that were non-obvious, yet still ‘relational’. Kudos are also due to consuelo and ASp for scaring up the correct answer. Also, I was happy to see that BranShea finally validated her ballot.

themilum and tsuwm are jointly awarded the Ralph Nader Memorial Wasted-vote trophy.

the hogmaster™