Oh if only I COULD prescribe irony tablets. In that context "irony" would perhaps be faux iron, like the not-real-chocolate found in McDonald's "chocolatly chip cookies." (Isn't it pathetic? The name only says that the substance is somehow similar to chocolate. Legalese on a cookie...)

RE: "I discovered that the modern Latin word used in rhetoric for irony is enantiosis..."

I guess then that "anenantiosis" could be used, but I am not sure that I like the sing-song effect. The politically correct term would be "enantiotically impaired" or better yet "enantiotically deprived."

Have you ever seen the list of words supposedly submitted for a contest in the New York Times, where the condition is you change a word by a single letter. Thus you can either add, change or delete any one letter, and then you provide the new definition for your word based on its new sound and/or spelling. One of my favorite words from that list was "sarchasm," which was described as the gulf of understanding between one who utters a sarcastic remark and the intended recipient who didn't grasp the irony.

The whole list was very clever. (Many of you probably contributed to it, come to think of it.) I'll see if I can dig it up from my files.