I have been reading all of your stories over the past two days, and I must admit that I've thoroughly enjoyed them. Here's one I heard a while ago...

There was a British expedition exploring the depths of Africa in the late 19th century. The plan was for the group to start in South Africa and slowly make its way up the continent, cataloging various species of animals and taking notes on all of the tribes encountered. Towards the beginning of the trip, the group encountered a very generous tribe and camped for a few weeks with them. When the time came to travel on, the chief gave the group many gifts, including his grand mahogany throne. The group continued into the interior of the Dark Continent and, after a while, encountered a savage tribe of cannibals. In order to spare themselves, the members of the expedition granted the chief of the cannibals all of their acquired gifts, including the throne. The chief was completely enthralled with the chair, and decided to have it kept in his own private hut. Not having much floor-space, the chair was hoisted up to the primitive attic of the small hut. Over night, the weak woven grass floor of the attic gave way and the chair toppled to the ground, crushing the chief as he slept. The moral of the story is, "People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones."