This top 100 hits list seems more of a histroy lesson multiplied by "someone's" theory of an effective add campaign. Doesn't really say much about any criteria because of the combination of those criteria used to create it.

I know #2 like the back of my hand.... mainly because of its widespread distribution and my exposure to collectibles, but I have never heard of #1.... til now... but, then again, I'm not much a capitalist or a consumer and it was a couple two-tree years before my time. Oh!... and marketing as a whole "buddy's up" to the next best thing to the spawn of satan.... but let's not go there.

Being a bit musically inclined, my memory is drawn immediately to the jingles which, at least, follow the article's #3 criteria. The other criteria are, as I mentioned before, a bit vague and assuming and clearly help categorize this top 100 list into a list that agreement with which would probably be divided into "sides of the aisle" and/or sides of the thinly veiled curtain behind which the writer stands (even if it owns up to failure and/or the futility of making such a list in the first place).

But, personally ultimately, I know of advertising that uses only words, but I remember those which also incorporate music, rhythm or poetry.

However, to call advertisement as: "They are treasures. For one, they are important artifacts in our culture." is to promote a specific definition of "our" culture, of which there isn't. A rather pompus assertion in the attempt.

EDIT = BTW, A hearty welcome to you, maclare.