In reply to:

And Father Steve, if I didn't know better I'd say you were an atheist. Your opinions of Anu sound just like literary symbolism against religion.

Who's to say he isn't? FSteve lists his denomination as Episcopalian, and its sister-church in the UK, the Anglican Church has long been renowned for its atheist clergy. The British political satire Yes, Prime Minister included an episode where the PM had to appoint an Anglican Bishop, and received advice from his staff on the advantages of selecting one who was known not to believe in God. The Anglican religion is the dominant flavour here too, and I once read a newspaper column in which the reporter said, in an unkind generalisation perhaps, that "to be a good Anglican, one must believe nothing and tolerate everything." I personally have met many Anglicans who fit that description perfectly, including a few who are, at the least, devoutly agnostic. On the other hand it was an Anglican priest here who pointed me to a verse in Deuteronomy that alludes to God as Father and mother, so at least some still believe.