Helen: "Limn" is definitely of type 3

"...and nowdays, no one opens their clutch, to get their pancake and to touch up their foundation.."

At least amongst us very old males, "pancake" and "foundation" are of type 1 and still current

However Laverne, who is much smarter than I, agrees that they have dropped out but maintains "clutch" is still current though of type 2, being but a subclass of "bag", which is of course type 1

"...(they open their purse or bag, and add more blusher or check their base (makeup) Rouge (really a word that was before my time.. is long gone too.."

...while she agrees that "blusher" is current, though asserts should be "blush," and is of type 1, while it definitely replaces "rouge," which she agrees has fallen out

Pursuant to your excellent followup I have created a new category for terms such as "rouge," “pancake,” and “foundation,” common words dropping out of use: Type 1a

Jackie: "Skulk" is definitely type 2, a most excellent word

tsu: "pundigrion" not in Random unabridged. What does it mean and under what category would it fall

Hydra: I would place "malaise" and "conviviality" in type 2, though many might disagree; eg, Laverne places the latter as 3. Wouldn't you agree that "Drab" as a verb might go in new category 1c...

...or perhaps 2a

Helen: Thank you for this jolly opportunity

dalehileman