Earlier this morning accessing WS, selecting a forum, and picking up specific thread, took forever; The problem didn't happen invoking other sites and so I am wondering if anyone else had the same experience

If so it was no doubt attributable to a software glitch entailing exquisite timing, eg, in which a specific instruction propagated on the Web travels in circles until it finally reaches its destination. Typically it may take as long as 5 minutes to get a single response while a couple of the little green rectangles languish in the box at the bottom of the screen

I have long suspected the phenom was created by our White Knight in order to torment us from time to time so we thereby come to better appreciate His works

So I have coined the term "Gates Loop" to describe it. Do you have a better term

But it has to include "Gates." Another example of the Gates Loop, of which there are hundreds, if not thousands, is the deletion of your followup--while you are actually in the process of composing it--but pause a couple of minutes for instance to go look up a word

Perhaps the Gates Loop is also responsible for the continual and repeated appearance of "Warning: Page has Expired" message again and again, over and over, that so very much slows our navigation through a board

More such examples welcome

Last edited by dalehileman; 10/31/06 04:23 PM.

dalehileman