yes, i know every living person is related to (pick famous personage from 2,000 years ago) but the odds are i am less related to any native americans (since i have european heritage) and i am no doubt related to about half the people living in ireland today, (my parents have a 500 year documented history living in dublin)

and curiously, while consuela and i aren't related, it seems likely that my kids and her kids are.. (they share a very unusual, made up family name, that date back to a single settler of NE.) in my kids case, it was their maternal great gradmother who had the name, (in consuela's childrens case, their father carried the name!)

The family is widely dispursed, (that can't be spelled right, but i have tried several combination and none looked right either!) with very few member left in NE, and large portions of the family in the western part of the US.

in the case of the cheddar man, it is unusally, not that he has close relations still alive, but that so many are still to be found in cheddar!