Oops, it's definitely not "Schro*n*dinger" :-) I don't know how I got that 'n' in there!

-Matt

p.s. - More Schrodinger comments for those interested...

That he was trying to show flaws in Heisenberg's idea (superposition) can be seen with some Googling; I was reminded of it recently while reading "Decoding the Universe", a book about information theory, which makes Schrodinger's hostility explicit. I found a reference to Schrodinger's paper introducing the cat paradox, and his tone is clear:
"One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, ..." [1]

The Einstein quote you included is part of a letter to Schrodinger, in which Einstein says, essentially, "You're the only one who gets it!" The problem is that Einstein and Schrodinger were in the minority. Einstein never, ever came to terms with the weird implications of quantum theory. It essentially left him out of the loop of particle physics research for the last few decades of his life.

Heisenberg's position, AKA the Copenhagen interpretation, was the dominant response to the cat paradox for about 50 years. (Since then, the majority view is that the cat quickly "decoheres" into either a dead or living state, due to thermodynamic leakage of information (so I gather, and speaking roughly)).

---
[1] E. Schrödinger, ``Die gegenwartige Situation in der Quantenmechanik,'' Naturwissenschaftern. 23 : pp. 807-812; 823-823, 844-849. (1935). English translation: John D. Trimmer, Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, 124, 323-38 (1980), Reprinted in Quantum Theory and Measurement, p 152 (1983).
Found at http://www.mtnmath.com/faq/meas-qm-3.html