Quote:

So you saying if we agree that this baseball bat is made of foam rubber it won't hurt when I whup you upside the head with it?

Has it come to this, Faldage? Have you become so jaded by life that you can no longer abide philosophical discussion without interjecting your passion "baseball" into the conversation to keep your once-sharp mind awake and alert?

WELL?

Oh well, I guess Faldage has dozed off.

Well then, just for the record I, myself, will explain what would have happened if Faldage had hit me upside the head with a baseball bat...simply put he would have been put in prison for ten years at hard labor with time counted off for good behavior.

Good behavior? Not likely with Faldage, but in prison Mister Faldage would then have ample time to contemplate fully this simple aspect of the meaning of the concept of time...

No matter if he and I had agreed that a baseball bat was made of foam rubber, the meaning of words are determined by the culture that is the unit that goes forth through time. Poor Faldage, and worse, poor me, are merely crusty skin cells that are shucked off innocuously as the larger unit goes on to Disneyland or Happy Farms or whatever its fate might be.

Words have no absolute meaning, Faldage, words only have function