sorry mav, but that is more than 25 words..

try again

first there was the web (web 1.0)

it got improved--collectively and it changed. it became more powerful and in some ways harder to use.

it got more users (who knew nothing about it) so it changed again, (to be simpler.)

the powerful (but hard to understand stuff is still there) but most users don't know anything about that stuff, because there is an over layer (that is less powerful) but easy for know nothings to use.

lump all the changes together, and it got called web 2.0

(i know its still more than 25 words, but...)

what that saying about any technology that is complex enough, looks like magic? (to people who don't (or don't want to) understand the underligning technology)

in the mid 80's, as i set about learning some of the technology of computers, i studied components. (i.e, j/k flip flops a kind of switch) we covered them in less than a week.
15 years before (early 1970)my then BIL did his masters thesis on J/K flipflops.

surprizing though, i had almost as good an understanding of j/k flip flops as my (then) BIL.

thing change.. new technology becomes familiar.. and with each application, its easier to understand how they work.

On Ramps didn't exist before highways..

same with off ramps.

drive a bit, and its easy to recognize old highways (in NY area, parkways)

now days, even kids play mats that are maps for their toy cars have on ramps and off ramps..

what was once cutting edge technology is understood by kids.. (but in reality, planning a highway, and the space, and the details of on ramps and off ramps is much harder!--understanding optimal arc for a cloverleaf or how long to make an accelleration strip, and other details (since many on off ramps lead to highways that are crossing, (overhead or below!)the main road..

on ramps are simple to use.. its rare a driver is confused, but designing them (and understanding what makes a good one, and why) is harder..

the web is easier to use.. its harder to understand.