Six hours, huh?
Well, Faldage, if you must temporize, I must evagationate...

A) I never thought, back in the days when my mother would fussingly wash the streaks of sweat and dirt off my face, that my determination to win at all costs would ever get me more than the fleeting attention of one of my teammates' older brothers.
Jackie ( not half bad, but only your mother would "fussingly wash" the streaks of sweat and dirt off your face)

B) Long before women were burning their bras, and marching for equal rights, a small group of women were striking a blow for equality, one home run at a time.
BelMarduk ( straightforward but with a moral)

C) Sure, if I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I'd do it in exactly the same way -- well, except for one thing.
Consuello (who reserves the right to change her mind at her whim)

D) "Dreamer."
AnnaStrophic (succinct, but with a certain cynical touch)

G) The train conductor entered the bar car calling out "Next stop, Chicago".
Sparteye ( who studied brevity, like Hemingway, "Up in Michigan")

H) The ball seemed to be hanging against the azure sky, impossibly far yet as threatening as a comet, like the whole promise of her life coming rushing towards her – and as if from the echoing passage of her far-off childhood she could hear her dad yelling “CATCH it Bunny! Catch it!”
Elizabeth Creith ( who can't resist writting a story in the opening line)

L) He's gonna throw at me, said "Baby" Ruth McGonigal to herself as the pitcher went into his windup, I know 'cause most of them do that even when they know the umpire's watching for it.
The female author of the book "She's On First"

Nice going gentlewomen, but too bad, the entry winner is a male and is...

(M) It was a perfect day for a game, but then, it was always a perfect day for a game. MALE

Better luck in Fibliotheque, Game Two.