Two years ago, last Thanksgiving weekend, we were driving back from Pennsylvania and went through Hartford Connecticut on the way home. There were thousands and thousands of crows perched on every possible spot; on light poles, the lower buildings, bridge rails etc. in addition to the ones flying around looking for a spot. I'd never seen so many in one place. It was a bit disorienting to see them in the center of the city, but a wonderful sight. I don't know what was up.
A couple of hours before that, as we were heading East across New Jersey, there were many dozens of very large flocks of Canadian geese heading Northwest. Why, I don't know, but vastly more than I'd ever seen in any sky.
About two hours later, just a mile or so from our home in Westernmost Rhode Island, an owl flew across our path as we drove down the dark, semi-rural road. We think it was a Barred Owl. The best bird day yet.
This past Saturday, as we drove by a section of the Situate Reservoir in Rhode Island, we saw a Bald Eagle [Haliaeetus leucocephalus]. It was a couple of hundred yards out on the ice, and a small crowd was gathered at the spillway to check it out. It had just finished eating, according to one gentleman who had been there for a half hour or so. There were pairs of binoculars in use, including ours. The ID was positive. There have been sightings near there, but not very many and our first.
I don't have a Life List, but I think that this is a good one to start it with.