I was watching a "South Park" episode today that ridicules Scientology (you can view it freely here --> http://www.youtube.com/w/Scientomogy%3A-...t%20Scientology, including some more Scientology-related stuff)

Well, it was really interesting to me, since a several years ago I had a personal math teacher who is a tremedously passionate Scientologist. Each class he tried to sway the subject from math to Scientology (he didn't really seem to care about getting my parents permission). But I didn't mind that, I was actually pleased since I hated math (still do). So I did end up studying Scientology a number of times, and I actually enjoyed some of the stuff he taught me (to "study how to study", and the "priciples of good communication"). I didn't really thought of it as a "religion" at that time, just some basic life lessons. It was later I found out it was more of a philosophy/cult, or even religion, if you will, with deep (idiotic) beliefs. Turns out this guy was actually the COE to everything Scientology-related in Israel. Which makes sense, since he couldn't stop talking about it. And whenever I happen to see him nowadays, he still, every time, tries to coax me to attend a meeting. All throughout this episode I kept wondering what'd he say if he seen it...

Well, I hope this is not considered a "prohibited anti-religion topic".

Last edited by Logwood; 02/01/06 12:02 AM.