I never expect justice or fairness when playing Hogwash, but certainly don't expect rank hypocrisy from an arch-prescriptivist. Nevertheless, that's what I got:
Quote:

My definition was something of an homage to this round's hogmaster, as it happens. The wind in question is very real, and is called the foehn, which, when said in Zild is phonetically indistinguishable from "firn."

I deduct the point not for alluding to what a bag of hot air I am, because that happens to be at least partially true, but for having made the error of thinking that foehn is phonetically indistinguishable from firn

e.a.

The Hogmaster completely ignored the fact that I defined the parameters of my statement about the sound of "firn". Unless he is asserting greater knowledge of Zildian phonics than that possessed by me, this is nothing less than another example of egregious abuse of power, perpetrated against the inevitable victim of such. Either that, or the Hogmaster should reacquaint himself with the meaning of the phrase "non-rhotic".