I cannot duplicate Alex's doggerel, but I can try for some shaggy doggerel:

The leader of the D-firn pulled out his small L-firn as he crossed the C-firn, from which he could look down upon the K-firn, alongside which was an M-firn skirting the H-firn. He N-firned. The B-firn hid what looked almost like an A-firn, particularly since a great deal of it was F-firn; he mused briefly that he could have used some of it for G-firns, but he would have to use O-firns to hold the crossing pieces together to protect his group’s I-firns from the dessicating effects of the P-firns. Perhaps when they reached the shore they would have to use their L-firns to open up the E-firns on their boat for the recaulking operation, which would allow them to sail across the channel to the closest telefirn, with which he would ask his control for permission set up the J-firn, provided his men could find a Q-firn in which to hide the antenna. The area they had found on this island had not actually been a Q-firn, resembling more an A-firn, which was totally useless to him. Darned firners all wanted a piece of the action, he thought to himself, but you can’t get them to recognize the critical difference between a W-firn and an A-firn.

A the area used as the hearth in Pueblo cliff dwellings.

B. The residue of underbrush and debris left after clear-felling of stands of pine trees

C. Snow more than a year old on a glacier

D. a small, lightly-armed party sent out to scout or hunt for a larger armed force

E. center seam of the underbelly of a boat which supports the long, stabilizing fin on sailing vessels

F. bright green growth that appears on conifers in the spring

G The arch shaped poles that form the framework of an Iroquois longhouse roof

H. outer edges of a heath where wildflowers grow
I. A person's leg

J. quick electronic surveillance by US presidents to prevent suprise foreign attack. Fast Investigations of Renegade Nations. (FIRN)

K a gently rolling Scottish hillside. covered with low brush

L. A small sheath knife

M. A bog

N. Scottish variant of the verb "to frown."

O. Wooden peg for holding a tenon in a mortice

P. Hot, dry, highly-ionised northwester, common in summer along the South Island's East Coast

Q. A drystone enclosure, roughly circular in shape, typically sited on a natural or artifical mound

R. A scenic turnout

TEd