The additions to my house are greater in floor space than was the original house (we think). It's sort of hard to tell after all these years. There used to be four kitchens, but now we have only two.

Anyway, the main portion of our house is four large square rooms (20 feet by 20 feet, more or less, two up, two down, separated by a central hallway which runs from front to back. At the back end of the central hallway there's a hall leading off to the right, and just inside that hallway is an area about 5 feet by 8 feet that was at one time a bathroom. I have my computer desk underneath the window, which looks out into our back yard. I suspect there was at one time a bathtub where the desk is now, since one would have fit perfectly there. The room to my right as I sit at the desk is about 15 feet square, and was at one time the owner's bedroom. It has since been converted into a really big bathroom. though without any special amenities. One of these days I am going to put in a big shower area with a tub to replace the generic fiberglas tub that's there now. One of these days. . ..

I can see my workshop about 75 feet behind the house; behind that is a fifty yard deep stretch of trees, with a slope downward to a church school and parking lot, with some houses beyond that. During the summer it's just a mass of green but in wintertime I can see through the trees to the houses, though the school and parking lot are too low to be visible from the window.

About a third of the trees are massive wild cherry, unfortunately not on my property. The remainder are all locust, which are in the process of dying off due to some sort of infestation. Again not on my property, but when I was building my workshop I took out several which would have fallen on my new building.

Directly under the window there's a deck, which is about six steps above the ground. Sitting on the deck is my hot tub, pure luxury on a cold night!

TEd