I'm thinking, and the thought is not a happy one, because it comes along just as I'm passing sheep number 522 as I try to get some shut eye last night, that this 'freedom was deprived' thing is along the lines of 'deprived children,' 'when children were deprived.' An out and out adjective. But, now, children are deprived of all sorts of things. Chiefly, food and well-fed parents, and this may lead them to be depraived in later life. But, then, if you came to me in the jury box and said it's because their freedom is deprived, I'd think they did the heinous deed in a movie theater, where, as everyone knows, no one knows what they're talking about. And everyone else could care less. Look, here's what the people I know who know Hollywood call that town. They don't call it Tinsel Town. They call it Stupid Town. "Freedom was deprived" has the sound of meaning something, but it's all smoke and hooha, signifiying nothing. Lord knows, But Stupid Town wasn't named for it's publicists, so let's assume they understand English well enough to get -- to even intend -- the idiocy. Then the meaning isn't what our resident descriptivist seems to suggest it is, but something else. Viz. "This movie is about something super important, in a superhero kind of way, but we can't tell you what it is. . . . And who cares, anyway?"