we are not talking politics

OK, I'll bite. What part of "we the people" don't you understand, (or do you find ungrammatical)? "We" is the subject of the first sentence in the preamble to the US pact of words, version 2.0, and "the people" is an appositive noun phrase that qualifies that "we".

Why of course, zmjezhd, (am I pronouncing that right?) you are certainly right in as far as you go, but in this case you don't go far enough. You are speaking as a dictionary or as a textbook of proper grammar might. Sure thing, the accepted form and meaning of a word is great fun to tally, and if we didn't have tsuwm and Google it might be of some great worth. But today we also know that words are changelings; flighty things, unstable things, things that are made from ethereal stuff, rather than exacting things cut deep in stone. You know, like humans.

Foolish me, if you love words then you already know that...sorry for the digression. Quickly, let's go to the second sentence of your remarks.

I don't see that there is anything to "decide" here, except whether we discuss words even less while descending into some political idle chat/rant.

Ok. Now if one was of a certain wont one would ascribe your imperial manner to the understandable bluster of a relatively new member to the Awad board, but this one won't.
Instead I will address your declaration directly, as follows...

The either-or-ness of your statement seems incidental.
A discussion of politics would not interfere with any discussion of "words as Words"; these pages are spacious and action is slow.

Yet I agree that discussions of politics are not within the intended scope of Awadtalk.

Political forums abound and many are ugly. But on the other hand "words" pervade all aspects of human existence, including politics, and so to chastise and taboo any reference to the political world will always be folly.
Even by those who have only the best of interests at heart for this forum and want very much to keep it civil.

I certainly agree with the "civil" part; but it would be so nice for a visit here to be friendly and cordial and exciting as well.

I hope this didn't sound too imperial.