Byb asks: Do we have to icebox these leftovers?
Faldage notes : Icebox is still used to mean refrigerator ... record albums were still albums

We had an ice box, between the kitchen and pantry and the iceman arrived weekly. He wore a heavy padded piece of leather on one shoulder upon which rested the block of ice, held steady with heavy duty tongs.The icebox was about 4 1/2 feet deep and eight feet wide.The slatted shelves allowed cool air to circulated. The top shelf (about five feet from the floor) was level with a window that opened on to the porch so ice cakes could be fed in that way without having to have the Iceman drip his way through the house. We called it "The Cooler" as we also had a "Fridge," which was short for Frigidaire. The Cooler was great for party prep as it could hold tray upon tray of goodies. In late 1941 the Cooler was converted to a huge coat closet and the pantry became the downstairs bathroom.
I don't recall using the word refrigerate. We asked : "Does this go in the cooler or the fridge?"
Re PHONES : I used the autodial awhile but found I forgot the numbers - which was a nuisance when away from home. The only autodial I have now is 911 in case I need an ambulance or a policeman or a firefighter.
Re ALBUMs : The album vs. Compact Disc problem is where to PLAY a 33rpm Vinyl record? Fortunately my son found a SAMSUNG unit that had record player, two tape players, a triple CD player tray and an AM/FM radio. The unit is currently available and delivers a decent sound. Not Bose quality but not bad.
... "Gee how lucky can you get ... " [musical note here]
wow