This from iWon.com News:

2001's List Of Banished Words And Phrases Is Released

SAULT STE. MARIE, MICHIGAN, JANUARY 1, 2001 (CBS News) - Chad, be gone!

Not the country or the man's first name. Just the hanging, dimpled, and pregnant kind that launched the word into Americans' vocabulary this presidential election.

Chad was the year's most nominated for exile from the English language on the 2001 Banished Word List, compiled by Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.

"We've heard it 12 times an hour on the news," said Mike Warner of Anchorage, Alaska. "Chad has gotta go."

Among the other words and phrases from the world of politics that wandered onto this year's list is "fuzzy math," unleashed by President-elect George W. Bush.

From the world of business, dot-com emerged as a popular word to kick out of the vocabulary. Last year, "e"-anything made the list.

Kelly Hall, of York, Pa., wants "shaken up" - a reference to a sports injury - taken out of sports lingo. "As if athletes were martinis," Hall said.

"Dude," as in the movie Dude, Where's My Car? made the list, as did "diva."

"I thought it was bad when I heard Madonna described as a 'diva.' Since then, I've seem promotions for shows on `male divas' and `transvestite divas,' " said Jennifer McGraw, of Brevort, Mich.

Just because words make the list doesn't mean people will stop using them. "Road rage" was on past lists, but it's still a popular way to describe angry, aggressive drivers.

Among the phrases on this year's list: "Have a good one!" "One of the only," and "Manual recount by hand."

Other banned words include:

Negative growth, as opposed to positive shrinking
Shaken up, referring to an athletic injury
Foot speed
Leverage
Heads-up
Factoid
Final destination
Begs the question

Lake Superior, the smallest public university in Michigan, releases the list each January 1, compiled from submissions gathered from academia, advertising, business, journalism, the military, politics and sports.

This is the list's 26th year.

I thought you'd all enjoy that, especially seeing some of the more deplorable phrases that we've previously discussed.