There is a one-eyed squirrel that feeds on my windowsill along with the birds. I've used the soap X on window to deter birds flying into the window as someone on AWAD suggested, and so far, so good. The one-eyed squirrel amazes me with its ability to get to the windowsill, for the only way over is to get on the house rooftop from a white oak out back, make a very wide leap onto the roof--and this squirrel is not asapanic-- cross it, jump down onto the porch roof, and then up to my windowsill, about a three-foot jump, quite a small jump, surely, compared to the others.

From where I type, the sill is a bit too low to see the little birds--just their heads--so I've set up a thick glass box about three inches high and four inches square on the ledge of the sill to better view feeding birds. I hope the squirrel won't be interested in it because I've put its favorite piles of sunflower seeds to the right of the glass box. But squirrels are curious creatures, so it may move to the box and feed there a while out of curiosity. If it finally realizes that there are few sunflower seeds there, then perhaps the birds will feed on the box away from the squirrel at the other end.

Note to et': I'll send you a photo today of the one-eyed squirrel.