i thought i made it clear previously, WHAT I WANT is: for you to not tell me what i think or feel.

but you again post

Of Troy,...it's safe for you to check it out. ]
You want me to EAT my words...
I know you want me to hang around...

YOU don't know what i want. Even it seems, when i clearly state my wants.

PLEASE STOP POSTING statements STATING YOUR OPINIONS about my wants, my thoughts, or my feelings. YOU ARE NOT PRIVY to my thoughts unless I have directly expressed them. I SAID NOTHING about WHAT you want--rather I QUESTIONED your thoughts and reasoning--BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR PURPOSE. I asked for CLARIFICATION.

I DID NOT (in this thread) ASK YOU TO LEAVE. I DID NOT (in this thread) SAY I WANTED YOU TO STAY. I DID NOT (in this thread or anywhere)INDICATE I AM AFRAID TO OPEN THREADS. (or that i think certain thread are safe or unsafe)

YOUR staying or leaving was not discussed. I discussed the text of your post. I DID NOT state "plutarch THINKS this" or "Plutarch THINKS that" or "plutarch KNOWS this" or Plutarch DOESN'T KNOW that" or "plutarch IS AFRAID" or not afraid. I ASKED A LOT OF QUESTIONS. I asked questions because i don't know what you think (or what you were thinking of when you made your post).

I asked why you posted a snip from a book review in Q & A.
I tried to make it clear, i didn't understand the purpose of the POST in Q & A about words topic.
I asked over a half dozen Questions. I didn't TELL you what you thought..
i don't know what you were thinking and i asked questions to gain understanding.

I didn't object to your contribution, I QUESTIONED the topic, (and i admit, i still don't understand what the topic is! but it seemed to me to be a philospical discussion on the nature of truth) and, if that is the topic, why the topic (if it is a philosophical discussion on truth) is being posted in the Q & A about words area.(again, your words seem to indicate that you want to discuss something of a philosophical nature: I just thought it would be nice to get knee deep in something else for a change -- like the truth, for instance.
but you also answered "barnyard expletives's" is an interesing term.(or pair of words) FINE.

in your opening post, you state:
I also thought the topic was timely given the fact that the last 3 segments of the Tanka Maverick started are dipping into these waters.
but your first post indicates, by way of a quote,
In reply to:

BTW the Tanka-in-progress includes this beautiful connecting link which Zed has just posted:
Truth's diamond never corrodes
But refracts to each their hue

i understand that to mean that Tanka thread has become interesting because is it discussing the nature of truth--

Now i am more confused. Do you consider truth to be a barnyard explitive? is there a connection between truth and the term barnyard explitives? a discussion of the connection might be interesting. (but perhaps, again, not appropriate to Q & A about words.)

could you please make the connection clearer, because right now its seems a pretty muddy connection.
there certainly isn't a clear (to me) connection between the two ideas in your first post. (truth and barnyard explitives)

as i said in my first reply: You seem to indicate that it is meant to provoke a discussion on the nature of truth. (in politics, advertizing, etc) BUT it isn't clear. and if it is, this is a philosophical discussion --since the book (in the snip of the book review you included) seems to be about bullsh*t --which is a barnyard term for lying.

i don't understand.
do you want to discuss truth vs. lies? or truth vs barnyard explitivees?
if the first, a philosophical discussion, not a Question (or answer) about words. and perhaps would be better placed elsewhere on this BB.
If the second, I don't understand the connection. could you explain it. --becasue I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING.

And the Tanka thread, (interesting or not, as you chose) IS NOT asking questions about words, nor is it in Q & A about words.

Many topics are discussed on this BB. but as a general rule, this AREA (i.e., Q & A about Words) is used to discuss just that, Q & A about WORDS.

Off topics, --and there are many of them-- are posted in other parts of the forum. some off topics are lively discussions, some are ignored.

there are many under-utilized 'topics'. several of these have been 'shanghi'ed' for off topics --that is not word related --disucssions.

and topics started here (about Q & A about words) have gone off topic. BUT the general practice is not to START off topics here.

You are free to ignore the general accepted practice. You can behave anyway you like.

I dislike you now, and will continue to dislike you if you continue to behave rudely towards me, by making posts stating your opinions AND LABELing them as mine. I think that is rude.

i also dislike that you (after several years of posting here) have failed to notice the 'general accepted practices' and are surprised when they are discussed.