Looks like I goofed again, Of Troy.

I thought the term "barnyard expletives" was an interesting term. [That's why I highlighted it in the extract.] I also thought the topic was timely given the fact that the last 3 segments of the Tanka Maverick started are dipping into these waters. [I didn't start the Tanka, Of Troy, so it's safe for you to check it out. :) ]

Hey, does it hurt to promote the new poetic art form Maverick has introduced to us, at least as an aside? As I explained at the top of this post, I didn't want to interrupt the flow of the Tanka by shoe-horning my post into the middle of it. That would have been rude.

I make it a practice never to be rude to anyone, anymore, Of Troy, whatever the provocation. One does not expect rudeness in return for politeness, but life isn't always a bowl of cherries, is it? Sometimes we just have to put up with the stuff we can't change. [My mom always used to say "Suffer in silence" everytime I had a temper tantrum. But I was just a kid. You're a grown-up, Of Troy. And your talents are wasted, I'm afraid, dumping on me.]

re "EAT SHOOTS AND LEAVES" thread. Not surprised you mentioned that. You want me to EAT my words after you SHOOTS me down in the hope that Plutarch LEAVES, not just this thread but this forum completely. :)

Hey, just funnin' with ya, Of Troy. I know you want me to hang around so you'll have someone who won't fight back to dump on.

Not sure that's fair to everyone else, Of Troy. But, you know best, of course.

BTW Of Troy, I don't like "bull----" any more than you do, but the fact is our culture is knee deep in it as the author of "On Bull----" studiously explains.

I just thought it would be nice to get knee deep in something else for a change -- like the truth, for instance. Where's the harm in that, Of Troy? Do you find anything objectionable in Zed's contribution to the truth in the Tanka? Or, is it just my contribution to the truth you object to?