interesting post.... BUT
1--what does this have to do with Q & A about words?

there are many Topics to post under, (misc comes to mind) were this could be posted. but why post it here?--
(as i recall, EATS SHOOTS and LEAVES (a very ontopic book for this BB) was discussed here in Q & A, but tangentally (in the root, hog or die thread) --a discussion ABOUT THE BOOK started in Misc, as i recall.)

2--or i am i wrong? do you intend to discuss explitives, vulgar words, and which words the NYTimes (or other newspapers, here in US and elsewhere) will and won't print?

that could be an interesting discussion (but perhaps hard to navigate, what with **** and @!#% being used to stand for words!)

we aren't prudes here, but like the NYTimes, we try to keep this site adult, but 'Family/School' friendly, and generaly, keep the use of vulgar language to a minimum.

it might be difficult to discuss the use of vulgar words, (even if there is an interest!) and to be honest, there is an interest. several thread, over the years have become filled with inuendo.. (if not outright naughtyness) but again, NOT IN Q & A about words..

3--This book is rather political in nature, and politcs is an other topic that we tend to avoid. (along with religion). there are many BB that are set up to discuss topics like politics and religion, but these topics can easily become volitale.. many people are passionate about them (and passion as we know, is a BURNing sensation.)

You seem to indicate that it is meant to provoke a discussion on the nature of truth. (in politics, advertizing, etc) BUT it isn't clear. and if it is, this is a philosophical discussion, (we've had many here!) but, again, not they are not here in Q & A about words.

have your read the book? can you offer more than the review? we have had many topic (in Q & A about words) about words or the use of a specific word, as used in a book . is there a word you wish to discuss?

It would be ENTIRELY appropriate to discuss a single word or phrase from a book to explore the way it is used or misused, but i don't know how interesting it would be to discuss a book review.

Why don't you buy the book, and using post-its, annotate, and bring back notes, and specific examples of words, and how they are used (or misused!) to discuss here? feel free to site specific examples you found in the book (that were perhaps first used else where) .

i haven't read the book, but perhaps Mr. Frankfurt presents many words, whose use might be fodder for interesting discussions.

but i don't see much to discuss about a book review (about a book i have not read) Or is there a specific word, that is used (or misused) in the review that you wanted us to take note of?