WW(there i am doing it!)
1--you don't do it consistantly (with me, or with any other specific poster)but occationally.

2--you do it in a consistant manner, that is, you use my name when you are not just replying to a post, but when you are also addressing me (or someone else) for specific clarification. (as you did above) I made a general statement about name dropping, and you didn't reply to the general idea, but specifical questioned me, and how i felt about your behavior.

3--You are not using my name to implying a relationship--we have one.. usually good, but it has had a few bumbs, (sometimes i am as clumsy as an elephant in a china shop, and i have inadvertantly hurt your feelings.) but we have met, spoken, broken bread together--and we have (or at least i think we have!) repaired hurt feelings.

you said: All previous mentions of your name have been in an affectionate manner. and yes, i percieve your affection.

but name dropping also is used to IMPLY a relationship, --statements, like Of troy, i am sure you know-- (how can a stranger be sure of what i know or don't know?-

i don't think you , or most poster go out of their way to address specific comments (REPEATEDLY, ADDRESS SPECICIC COMMENTS/white]) to me.
and when you do, you are doing so to specifical question my thoughts, not to claim you know what i am thinking, or what i know.

there is a difference between addressing a question or remark, and name dropping. and i dislike it when someone i don't know, uses my name (real or on line name) to imply, they are privy to my private thoughts!
(and now i have to go read A & I--i rarely go to the movies, and i didn't read the post!)