First off, I'd lilke to thank mav for putting in a guest appearance and voting for Percival Powfag, even after someone had let Feghoot out of the bag. More on this subject later.

Congratulations go to Faldage for winning the Popular Vote in something of a landslide, even after Milo's hanging candes were thrown out. Kudos also to ASp and Dgeigh for getting it right; ASp also collected two votes for her def'n. (In the old scoring, that would have given her the Electoral win.)

As per usual, some thought the decision was hard because all of the definitions rang true, while others thought they were all implausible. I was mostly in the former camp myself.

I mentioned at the start that I hesitated in throwing this one out; that's because I thought the armil®s would come out of the wordwork with the 'fag' factor. But those were minimal, with the most obvious connection actually being the correct answer: No. k!

powfag

a) a shaggy-dog story; a groaner [from a series of short stories by Larry Niven (as Lynn Varrie), all of which ended with an outrageous pun: Percival Powfag's Exploits in Known Space (tsuwm) maverick

b) [from Cree (US)] the raw materials used to make up a fire
(Asp) etaoin, Faldage

c) a powderhorn designed to be hung from the saddle of a horse (dxb)

d) a very strong cigarette [Welsh slang, from pwff puff, and ffagl flame, torch] (sjmaxq, owlbow) Ted, Wordwind

e) a persistent heavy mist occurring during cold weather in the late fall or early spring, common in woods in northern Wisconsin [from Menominee apeha'pfe-o-akh, it deceives the eyes] (Faldage) musick, AniamL, sjmaxq, Bingley

f) 1. (Finnish) a crude broom made from twigs tied together
2. (musical jargon; contraction of "power faggotto") an electric bassoon (wofa) consuelo

g) Pretty, Overweight, White, Female, Actively Gay (well known to Date Referral Services) (milum)

h) the ceremonial burning-at-the-stake of a captured enemy (musick)

i) slang. any damaged vented midrange on a woofer [from 'Peavey-Olsen Woofer Functional Acoustics Gap' (roadie term of art, 1970's)] (Wordwind) dxb

j) Scots term for a talisman carried in a sporran, typically carved from cherry burl, though occasionally carved from stone or bone (TEd) wofa, Owlbow

k) to tire bodily from overwork; to become worn out in mind from care or anxiety; to work to the point of exhaustion
(Francis Taylor’s Folk-Speech of South Lancashire, 1901) Asp, Dgeigh