The Brits are the major visitors to Ibiza and provide the lifeblood (monetarily) of the community. Are they arrogant, or just doing the right thing, when they pronounce the name Eye-beetha?
Ignorant, in this case. Ibiza has no distinct English name so it should be [i"vi:T@] (i.e. ee-VEE-tha), the closest English sounds to the Spanish. (Actually it shouldn't, it should be Eivissa, the Catalan name, the official name in Spain.)

I grew up in Bombay and lived there for 22 years. Why does a fascistic, non-secular, right wing political organisation (the Shiv Sena, for those not familiar with Bombay politics) have the right to tell me that the name I use for 'my' city is wrong? Whose city is it anyway? Nowhere in India except in Bombay was the name 'Mumbai' common. So do the rest of the Indians (a mere 985,000,000 of them) have no say in the name of their richest and most populous city?

Good point, in this case, though I'll continue to use Shiv Sena's imposition. I also say and use Myanmar, which is the de facto official name, but understand how controversial it is. When Aung San Suu Kyi takes over she can change it back to Burma if she likes and I'll then say that again.