Still, I can't agree that "immigrant Morroccan" means the same thing as "diaspora Morroccan". Just to clarify -- I don't think they mean the same thing, I just think that "Morroccan immigrants" would have been more appropriate.

An "immigrant" is one who emigrates, usually alone or with their family, to make a new life in a new country offering new opportunities for individual advancement ...which, I gather from reading the argument, applies to the vast majority of Muslims who have moved to Spain and other European countries.

A "diasphora" is an entire community of people who feel stigmatized as a community in their homeland. They emigrate to escape persecution. ...yes but I don't see how this applies to Morroccan immigrants or even the occasional individual Morroccan refugee seeking asylum for some particular reason. But then again I am ignorant of the sociopolitical details of Morroccan life.

BTW I do not think there is any qualitative difference between "diaspora Morroccans" and "Morroccan diaspora". I think the former refers to a more finite number of individuals who belong to a larger group, which is described as a whole by the latter term. But we are picking at nits! I propose that we all meet at The Algonquin for drinks tonight at 7:00.