okay folks ~ here's the latest, hippest verbing of a noun:

YOGI BEARING [v.] Stealing from a campsite (usually beer)

the etymology of this one's pretty obvious, but since i'd not heard it used before (and thought it to be kinda cute) i thought i'd share it with you.

so, here's the context: a group of us were camping last weekend and a strange car pulled up to the outskirts of our compound (i guess that's what you'd call it when 86 folks camp all at one site?). it was pitch dark and they didn't realize that a few of us had left the group to view the constellations (which happened to be absolutely AMAZING, but as ever i digress) without the obscurant effects of the campfire .... so then a couple of teens hopped out of the car [which we later found out was being driven by their mother, a parolee] and snagged a cooler from under one of the RVs. we got the plate, called 911, they got immediately apprehended, our friends got their beer back <insert great sigh of relief>, and the park ranger shared this latest in campground argot. apparantly it's replaced cow tipping as all the rage among country bumpkin youths [pronounced 'yOOts', naturally]. beats robbing liquor stores, i guess *shrug*.

cheers!