no that factoid didn't come up. my children's great great grandfather survived andersonville, (he lost a leg to gangrene, but was luckier than most and did die from it!)

he returned to northern NH-Coos county --about an hours drive north of MT Washington-- North of the city of Berlin (BUR-lin) North enough to be the last incorporated township in NH--where he had a half dozen more kids while eking a living out a a farmer!

his youngest daughter, Bertha, was my kids great grandmother, and she was alive (till 103) but only healthy till 98--but long enough that my kids were becoming teens!

they listened to her talk about her childhood and her father.. and for them the civil war as real.. (even though she never told war stories, she just would remind them that he had only one leg, cause he lost his leg in the war.)

i sometimes resented that all of our family vacations were to see relatives in Northern NH (all the time) but i do admit, coming from a family that is filled with generation after generation of wander lust on my material grandmothers side, it was good for kids to learn about their fathers mothers family..
(a family that shared a name with a regular contributor here.. so my kids and her kids, are at some level, cousins! its likely to be 20th cousins, several times removed.. but still, its a small world!)