Are many of the wr- words effects of the common cause of the PIE wer- root? Obviously.

In fairness, I think we have Faldage to thank for that piece of the evidentiary puzzle. That (on top of the obvious onamatopoeic association) is what convinced me you were right as well.

Great insight of yours, IsIsIs.

It is well understood that so-called outsiders are often the best innovators because they are not confined by traditional habits of thinking [what our own AWADian, of Troy, would call "the existing paradigm"].

Also, they 'cross pollinate' by bringing new insights from other fields of expertise.

This is not to denigrate experts in any field in any way, of course, including people who are knowledgeable about "PIE" or "Old English roots" because their knowledge and research is the basis for new advances.

It was, after all, Faldage who provided the connection between "wr" words and "wer" words which clinched the case for your thesis.

I am glad you are getting the recognition you deserve, IsIsIs, but I do not think we should overlook the value of our own homegrown experts.

Glad you enjoyed the discussion. We all enjoyed it, I'm sure.