The PIE-based relationship isn't even an issue

I'm really wrestling to understand the basis of your "faux" judgment, Capfka.

Returning to your original statement:

Almost all of the English words which begin with "wr" are direct descendants of Old English word roots and therefore have a long history in our current language.

OK, I'm sure you are right. But how does that cast doubt on IsIsIs' proposition?

All she is saying is that there is some very compelling circumstantial evidence that the meaning of many "wr" words arose in sympathy with the sound they produced.

In other words, IsIsIs is postulating an onomatopoeic relationship.

That sounds like a very plausible thesis to me, and her list of examples is impressive.

Also, I think her argument is intuitively sound. [That's not a pun by the way. On second thought, yes it is.]

I think IsIsIs has made a prima facie case and she is entitled to a fair hearing, all the more so because she is a "Stranger" and she may not understand all this PIE in the sky and "Old English word root" business [wherever you are digging up those "roots"].

I don't understand why the case IsIsIs has made has been dismissed so presumptuously, and I've been around a lot longer than IsIsIs has.

Still I'm willing to learn, and I'm sure IsIsIs is as well.

It would be very nice if you [or someone] would take the time to explain your argument in terms which ordinary people [like myself] can comprehend.

Thank u in advance for your generous attention.