There is another word, Firdauz. Which also loosely translates into Paradise, in Urdu and I think, Arabic as also, Farsi. I have heard that when the Arabs invaded Iran, words with P were translated into F in Arabic and that is how Pairidaeza came to be Firdauz, maybe. Perhaps, Farsi itself. From Parsi as it is called in India.

I came across a beautiful translation of Firdauz once:- a word to describe something so beautiful, that God could only have created it in his leisure.

(I know I posted this before, but didn't know where, so please bear with me)

Firdowsi: A great Persian writer, author of the celebrated, Shahnameh, the Stories of the Kings. This work is highly acclaimed in Iran, is *very dear to the Persian heart and every Persian worth his salt will be able to quote *something from it. Rustom and Sohrab are from the Shanameh. One of the reasons it is so celebrated is because, it is written *entirely in Farsi, (not one word from Arabic) in an effort to resurrect the Persian culture almost two centuries after Islam and its invading peoples came in from Arabia. The late struggle at resurrection sadly petered out.