The Chat went well AnnaS. Jackie was a very good under all the pressure of having to answer quickly. What was also nice was that you could have private message conversations with the other participants while waiting.

One thing though, in the live chats, you are supposed to write in a stream of consciousness way, without hitting the enter key. If you hit the enter key it sends off your message. I think I sent two or three questions that only said -"Jackie," and one question only partly asked.

One thing I found uncomfortable was waiting for answers. A) I didn't know if Jackie was waiting for questions
b) I didn't know if anybody had asked the same questions as I did - which would tie up the line needlessly.

And you can't check your spelling. Ugh when you see it up there on the board, unable to change it. So next time, you can be sure I will be typing more slowly and re-reading myself before pressing enter key.

The editor of the OED is up next on the 19th. I will be thinking of the questions to ask in advance. I am looking forward to it.