Don't know whether this is all quite true or not, but there was a program about an albino chimpanzee named Pinky on last weekend that was terrifically fascinating. If you can catch her story, do watch it. I don't want to tell the ending and won't.

The information that could be incorrect was Pinky was reported to be the only albino chimpanzee ever recorded. She had one brown and one blue eye, a somewhat spoiled disposition in that she was used to being pampered once she'd been rescued, and she was precious. The other chimpanzees generally accepted her once she'd established residency in her Sierra Leone shelter.

Although the other young apes were fairly eager to climb and swing, Pinky preferred traveling on the ground with occasional forays up a tree or two. Impressive, if disturbing, was the bold play of those chimpanzees who enjoyed shaking slender trees to try to knock off some youngster holding on for dear life. I can remember well my brother having done the same thing to me when I used to climb trees--neither of us is a chimpanzee, honestly.

Anyway, the show is very good, sometimes disturbing, but interesting.