Does anyone know examples from other cultures?

Have you ever heard of the Luscher Color Test, Zed?

It has been used for decades in Europe as a serious tool in assessing the psychological state of patients/clients who are asked to arrange colored cards in order of personal preference.

Before they make their choices, test-takers are specifically asked not to associate the color of any card with anything else. They are supposed to contemplate the color itself, without making associations (with a red dress they might like, or a cultural referent or whatever).

There is a simplified Luscher Color Test which was published as popular book many years ago which includes approximately 8 colored cards, including 4 or 5 primary colors. It also includes a purple color card which plumbs the role of fantasy in the mind of the test-taker. Hence the dominance of purple in Disney and storybook fantasies.

The Luscher Color Test posits that the human response to colors is universal, meaning culture is largely or completely irrelvant.

For instance, all humans everywhere experience the yellow sun, green vegetation, brown earth and the blackness of night.

Blue does not equate to depression or "the blues" in the Test, and green does not relate to jealousy or envy.

The dark blue of one card has been shown to have a calming effect on those who concentrate on it, and the point has been made that this shade of blue is the same shade chosen for the blue favored for mediation rooms in the practice of Buddhism. [Whether that is true or not, I have no idea as I have never visited a Buddhist meditation room.]

The order in which one chooses the basic colors, yellow, red, blue, green, and orange, as I recall, is said to reveal deep insights into the psychological state of the person choosing their preferences.