regularly, comments are made about NYC having the second largest population of irish men and women (living in cities.. (only dublin has more) and NYC is the second largest jewish city, with only Jerusalem having more, and for a while it was true of Italians, (Rome), PR, (san jose), and even Poles (and NYC is not known as a city with a large Polish population) and so on, and so on... (NYC might be only the third largest city of filipeno's.

as NYC immigrant population nexis has shifted to asia, it's becomes 'the largest city of 'hunan chinese(second to some small city in that 'state' of china), (since immigration from specific areas of asian countries might be large, but many chinese cities are larger than NYC sub-population)

certainly, the 'evident' population of muslims in US has grown -(the first in NYC were some time in 1600's!) --i judge this by 2 aspects..1) there are more mosques in NYC, and 2)(bless their hearts)muslim's in NY have gained enough political power to demand that alternate side of the street parking be suspended on their religious holidays too, (for years, alternate side of the street parking has been limited to christian 'holy days of obligation', and jewish holidays.) Now our dear muslim brethern have added another half dozen days! makes me want to say, praise allah!
(i am waiting for the buddist to get to work..., and i don't now why santeria holidays aren't observed with suspentions.. surely there are shinto holidays that are being slighted...i love differsity!)