i don't think so, tsuwm,
Re--The definition "is not only an inaccurate description of restaurant employment, it's also a slap in the face to the 12 million men and women who work hard every day in America's 900,000 restaurants," Cantalupo said.
-
Notice tha cantulupo doesn't say 12 million men and woman work at McDodo's restaurants,, just at restaurants..
so, WW's math, while correct (well i presume its correct!)
Think about that! 12 mil employees at McD's in the US. There are approximately 300 mil people in the US. So, this means that about one in every 25 people you meet works at McD's over here!

just means that one in 25 have worked in restaurants, and is suspect, Cantalupo also is including truck drivers for mcDodo's, and others, includeing staff (vs. line) employees.

what was more telling was his claim that 1000 owners of franchizes (and if you consider that the franchize has been around almost 50 years) are owners.. not really a very high percentage have gone from slinging burgers to being burgermasters... and the ones he named got in 'early' when the franchize is was still young, and rapidly expanding...

the percent of people who have worked at McDodo's at some point in their life might even be higher than 1 in 25, i doubt we'll find many here, --though i do know some who worked part time in HS at McDodo's-- and the percentage of worker, who have gone on to become franchize owners is i think an excedingly small number. not many are going to earn enough to purchace a franchize costing close to 1 million dollars on their McDodo's salaries.