Dawn:
I don't really know how to say this; I'm afraid I've just committed my 1st fuax-pas at this board. Let me start by thanking you sincerely for your caring and tender concern. It's rare these days.

The truth is: My comment about my mother was false; her 'falling of the wagon' was intended as a farciacal reason for increased wine sales. My comments certainly weren't intended to to minimize anyone's struggle with alcohol.

Actually, Mom died just under two years ago, after nearly 20 years of clean sobriety, following a lifetime of alcoholism which, no doubt, negatively impacted her ability to recover from serious illness.

I was very proud of her choice to turn her life around in its later years, as she served as an example to many others, some in my own family, of what's possible.

I have this dry sense of humor, which doen't always translate to the page. Your heartfelt response is living proof of that. I appreciate it.

PS: Congratulations on your ongoing recovery, and especially so since since your 'first day' was 2/11 --my birthday.

Best wishes

Ron.

Ron.