And, Alex, you're absolutely correct about "Down!" as was somebody else.

You all:

I apologize for my outburst the other night. It had been a bad day at school--my kids had turned in really horrible examples of writing. I just groaned and felt completely 'down' because it seemed that they simply were refusing to use their brains. So, I came here for respite--and I just felt that even here when at least I'd gone beyond Max's four nobody had noticed. On an ordinary day, I would have thought, just as someone pointed out above, "Oh, well. Nobody noticed. Big deal. It happens around here all the time." But I was just so terribly stressed out with worry and disappointment over my kids--and so I blew up here. It does seem that certain people here are noticed for every breath they take and others are ignored for turning pretty cool linguistic flips. And I'm as guilty as the next person for not taking note of those flips each time.

Anyway, I do apologize for being so stupidly hypersensitive night before last, and I'll try to mend my ways.

So, which word in the language functions as the most parts of speech? What is 'down' down to now with the astute corrections you all have provided? Noun, verb, adverb, adjective, preposition. Five. Have many did Faldage's OED 'while' citation list?