Beef dripping? my mother used to wax about wonderful breakfasts of "fried bread" --bread fried in bacon drippings. but i don't think most people in US would use drippings for bacon grease-- drippings are what you get from a roast (leg of lamb, beef, turkey).
( i grew up hearing drippings used for both bacon and roasts, but I don't think most in US would use the same word for both. Drippings are desireable, bacon fat is grease. But i could be wrong. I grew up hearing the words used interchangably but I don't think they are.)

and in ny, there is a ethic treat, the crispy bits of skin and stuff that get strained out from schmalz-- kosher rendered chicken fat. the favorite or best behaved child would get all the crunchy stuff, bits of derma and meat. Now every one is health conscious, and no one admits to eating such foods.
Schmaltz was used as an alternative to butter for meat meal, since food laws prohibitted mixing dairy food with meat.

and yes greasy is an adjective, but the point is, greasy is a word used with food-- not just axels--come to think of it, i get my car "lubed" not greased.