How do builders brew up on site? How do you cope on holiday? How do you have a cup when someone is cooking? How do students stay alive?
As I found out on my trip to the UK and Ireland, just because you can't imagine something doesn't mean it doesn't exist! For your first question: I think any construction person over here who tried to "brew up" ANYthing on the job would be laughed right out of the place. You either bring it with you (thermos, as someone said) or go to an eating joint at lunchtime, if you're lucky enough to have one nearby. As to being on vacation--if you mean camping, well, you can find campsites with electricity, but most people use propane or similar stoves (they're made to be portable). When my husband takes the Boy Scouts camping, most of the time they just have a fire and use a grate to set the pots on (he DOES like his coffee!). As to students: in my daughter's dormitory, there's a lounge/kitchen on every floor. I don't think there's an actual stove, but there are microwaves.
Personally, I think it would be awfully inconvenient to have to go searching for an electrical outlet, to say nothing of the waste of counter space. I assume you also have to find something to protect the countertop from the heat? Or do these electric ones come with that built in?