Yep, Zed...that Mae West "Why don'tcha..." is a good one! And I even forgot that "gun in your pocket" line was hers!

Her's another definite biggie:

"I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contenduh."
--Marlon Brando, On the Waterfront

Which is actually a misquote, BTW, because the *orignal line is, "I coulda been a contenduh, I coulda been somebody." Why most folks transpose it colloquially (including me), I dunno. More fun to day "contenduh" at the end, I guess. But everytime I see the clip of that scene I'm reminded of the original and continue to use it the other way anyway.

And, speaking of *original quotes, the Claude Raines line from Casablanca is actually "Round up the usual suspects." But, as has been discussed in seeking the etymology of the phrase on this board, it seems to have given rise to the phrase "the usual suspects."

And I *think the Godfather quote is actually, "Make him an offer he can't refuse". But it's become used in every which way.

Must be some fodder in these leads, folks...James Dean, W.C. Fields, 2001: A Space Odyssey. Anyone?

And this has been parodied enough for consideration here:

"It's aliiiiiive!"
--Dr. Frankenstein

And does anyone know if Dennis Hopper actually introduced "Far out!" in Easy Rider?