here then are the definiens, choose one:

a. public, boisterous intoxication

b. emotionally labile, crying easily (Used mainly in rural Ireland; the origin is uncertain but probably related to widows)

c. one who deserves hanging, a gallows-bird; a scamp, rascal

d. [obs.] describing a horse with thick, silky hair below the knee; such as the Clydesdale

e. to turn in a counter-clockwise direction while also moving in a vertical direction, either up or down

f. extremely agitated

g. [obs.] witty

h. compassionate, empathetic (from OE widdy - aware of, knowing)

i. (alt. of) wonderful; fanciful

j. bringing bad luck (joc. combination of widdershins and suffix -ful)

k. archaic expression of remorse

l. a blackbird of the genus Vidua found in various parts of Africa; so called from the prevailingly black plumage of the males, which are also distinguished by an immensely elongated train of tail-feathers

m. contrary, willful (from OHG widar against)

n. someone with ‘two left feet’, liable always to perform in a clumsy and inappropriate or even deliberately perverse fashion; an act so performed

o. (ME) upside down, overturned, upset – by 1608 used figuratively rather than literally (now archaic, rare poetic use only)

p. aglow, lit from within

--------

[entries from: ASp, Bingley, consuelo, dxb, etaoin, Faldage, guest, Jackie, JohnH, maverick, musick, sjm, wofa, Zed, and ron o.]

{as always, I have made slight alterations in format or punctuation in an attempt to attain consistency; I hope I haven't changed anyone's def'n for the worse}

and to iterate the scoring rulz: one point for each vote, but voters who are also players count double.