adj.
5L sudatorius < sudor, SWEAT6
1 of a sudatorium
2 SUDORIFIC
n.,
pl. 3ries SUDATORIUM
The effects of exercising in a steam bath. Getting into a sweat

sudorific - same as above

suffragette - a demeaning term for a lady advocating long overdue women’s rights

sugarloaf - the way sugar was sold long ago

suite pronounced sweet
n.
5Fr: see SUIT6
1 a group of attendants or servants; train; retinue; staff
2 a set or series of related things; specif., a) a group of connected rooms used as a unit, such as an apartment b) a set of pieces of matched furniture for a given room !a bedroom suite"
3 Music a) an early form of instrumental composition consisting of a series of dances in the same or related keys b) a modern instrumental composition in a number of movements
sulcus
n.,
pl. 3ci 73sj8 5L: see prec.6
1 a groove or furrow
2 Anat. any of the shallow grooves separating the convolutions of the brain
sulfofying - another word found only in the spelling bee word list. Crazy.

sulk[y 7sul4kc8
adj.
sulk$i[er, sulk$i[est 5prob. < OE 3solcen (in comp.), idle, sluggish, pp. of 3seolcan, to become slack < IE base *selD3, to let go, let loose > Sans sarjati, (he) releases6
1 showing resentment or dissatisfaction by petulant or peevish withdrawal
2 gloomy; dismal; sullen !a sulky day"
n.,
pl. sulk4ies 5prob. < the adj., in the sense of keeping aloof, because the vehicle seats only one person6 a light, two-wheeled, one-horse carriage having a seat for only one person, esp. now, one used in harness races (I wonder what the etymology can be - the raciing sulkies are beautifully made, and travel very fast)

sulk$i[ly
adv.sulk$i[ness
n.

sullen, sullenly, Sumatran, summit

sunbow - a rainbow formed in spray

sundry

sunstone - Aventurine is usually green but can also be orange or reddish-brown. It is sometimes used as an inexpensive alternative to jade. Also called sunstone.

superannuate - having too many years, like me.

superego
n.,
pl. 3gos Psychoanalysis that part of the psyche which is critical of the self or ego and enforces moral standards: at an unconscious level it blocks unacceptable impulses of the id

supererogate
vi.
3gat#ed, 3gat#ing 5< LL supererogatus, pp. of supererogare, to pay out beyond what is expected < super3 (see SUPER3) + erogare, to pay out (after consent by the people) < e3 (for ex3), out + rogare,< to ask: see ROGATION6 [Obs.] to do more than is required or expected
superlative

supernal
adj.
5LME < MFr < L supernus, upper < super, above: see SUPER36 of, from, or as though from the heavens or the sky; celestial, heavenly, or divine
su[per4nal[ly
adv.