prolegomenon
n.,
pl. 3e[na 73n!8 5Gr, neut. pass. prp. of prolegein, to say beforehand < pro3, before + legein, to speak: see PRO31 & LOGIC6
1 a preliminary remark
2 [often pl., with sing. v.] a preliminary statement or essay; foreword
pro#le[gom4e[nous 73n!s8
adj.
pro[le[gom[e[non 7prb#li g9m4! n9n#, 3n!n8
n.,
pl. 3e[na 73n!8 5Gr, neut. pass. prp. of prolegein, to say beforehand < pro3, before + legein, to speak: see PRO31 & LOGIC6
1 a preliminary remark
prolegomenous 73n!s8
adj.
By chance, this word was AWAD in Nov. 94

prolepsis
n.,
pl. 3ses# 73scz#8 5L < Gr prolcpsis, an anticipating < prolambanein, to take before < pro3, before + lambanein, to take: see LEMMA16 an anticipating; esp., the describing of an event as taking place before it could have done so, the treating of a future event as if it had already happened, or the anticipating and answering of an argument before one‘s opponent has a chance to advance it
pro[lep4tic
adj.

prolocutor !r8
n.
5L, an advocate < pp. of proloqui, to declare < pro, for + loqui, to speak6
1 a spokesman
2 a chairman
This reminds of 1930s mob slang: lawyer = mouthpiece

promethium
n.
5ModL: so named (1949) for earlier prometheum, name proposed by G. M. Coryell for element isolated (1948) by J. A. Marinsky & L. E. Glendenin, U.S. physicists < Gr Promctheus (see prec.) in reference to production by nuclear fission + 3IUM6 a radioactive chemical element of the rare-earth metals, obtained from fission of uranium or neutron bombardment of neodymium and used in phosphorescent paint, as a power source, X-ray source, etc.: symbol, Pm; at. wt., (145); at. no., 61; sp. gr., 7.22; melt. pt., 1,168UC; boil. pt., 3,074UC

promovent - I found a lot of sites in foreign languages using this word but no definition.

proprioceptive
adj.
5< L proprius, one‘s own + (RE)CEPTIVE6 designating or of stimuli produced in body tissues, as the muscles or tendons, and received there by the proprioceptors
I have some damage to nerves in my legs, with impaired proprioception, that makes me liable to fall if I close my eyes while showering.

proruption

1. the act or state of bursting forth; a bursting out.

prostaglandin
n.
5< fol. + GLAND1 + 3IN16 any of a group of hormonelike fatty acids found throughout the body, esp. in semen, that affect blood pressure, metabolism, body temperature, and other important body processes

prosthetic
adj.
1 of a prothesis or prosthetics
2 Chem. designating or of any of a number of nonprotein compounds when combined chemically with a protein molecule
Hemoglobin has an iron molecule in a prosthetic group. Chlorophyll has magnesium. Vitamin B12 has cobalt

prosthesis
n.
5LL < Gr prosthesis < prostithenai < pros, to, at + tithenai, to place, DO16
1 var. of PROTHESIS (sense 1)
2 pl. 3the[ses# 73scz#8 Med. a) the replacement of a missing part of the body, as a limb, eye, or tooth, by an artificial substitute b) such a substitute

A wooden leg is a prosthesis. So is my dental partial plate.

prolegomenon
n.,
1 a preliminary remark
pro#le[gom4e[nous 73n!s8
adj.
pro[le[gom[e[non 7prb#li g9m4! n9n#, 3n!n8
n.,
1 a preliminary remark
prolegomenous 73n!s8
adj.
By chance, this word was AWAD in Nov. 94

prolepsis
n.,
pl. 3ses# 73scz#8 5L < Gr prolcpsis, an anticipating < prolambanein, to take before < pro3, before + lambanein, to take: see LEMMA16 an anticipating; esp., the describing of an event as taking place before it could have done so, the treating of a future event as if it had already happened, or the anticipating and answering of an argument before one‘s opponent has a chance to advance it
pro[lep4tic
adj.

prolocutor !r8
n.
5L, an advocate < pp. of proloqui, to declare < pro, for + loqui, to speak6
1 a spokesman
2 a chairman
This reminds of 1930s mob slang: lawyer = mouthpiece

promethium
n.
5ModL: so named (1949) for earlier prometheum, name proposed by G. M. Coryell for element isolated (1948) by J. A. Marinsky & L. E. Glendenin, U.S. physicists < Gr Promctheus (see prec.) in reference to production by nuclear fission + 3IUM6 a radioactive chemical element of the rare-earth metals, obtained from fission of uranium or neutron bombardment of neodymium and used in phosphorescent paint, as a power source, X-ray source, etc.: symbol, Pm; at. wt., (145); at. no., 61; sp. gr., 7.22; melt. pt., 1,168UC; boil. pt., 3,074UC

promovent - I found a lot of sites in foreign languages using this word but no definition.

proprioceptive
adj.
5< L proprius, one‘s own + (RE)CEPTIVE6 designating or of stimuli produced in body tissues, as the muscles or tendons, and received there by the proprioceptors
I have some damage to nerves in my legs, with impaired proprioception, that makes me liable to fall if I close my eyes while showering.

proruption

1. the act or state of bursting forth; a bursting out.

prostaglandin
n.
5< fol. + GLAND1 + 3IN16 any of a group of hormonelike fatty acids found throughout the body, esp. in semen, that affect blood pressure, metabolism, body temperature, and other important body processes

prosthetic
adj.
1 of a prothesis or prosthetics
2 Chem. designating or of any of a number of nonprotein compounds when combined chemically with a protein molecule
Hemoglobin has an iron molecule in a prosthetic group. Chlorophyll has magnesium. Vitamin B12 has cobalt

prosthesis
n.
5LL < Gr prosthesis < prostithenai < pros, to, at + tithenai, to place, DO16
1 var. of PROTHESIS (sense 1)
2 pl. 3the[ses# 73scz#8 Med. a) the replacement of a missing part of the body, as a limb, eye, or tooth, by an artificial substitute b) such a substitute

A wooden leg is a prosthesis. So is my dental partial plate.